Thursday, May 13, 2010

First Mother's Day

Sunday was my first mother's day, and I have to admit that the weirdest part was definitely wishing my mom/step-mom/mom-in-law a happy mother's day and having it wished back to me! Chris had been working such crazy hours that he didn't have much chance to organize the day. But I did let him do the grocery shopping while Brianna and I took a nap. When we woke up, he took Bri downstairs while I got dressed. When I came downstairs here is the site that greeted me:


Yep, Bri was sitting in her swing with a card, some chocolate and a flower (one of many). So cute!! My mother in law came over for dinner and Chris cooked AND cleaned. Heaven!! Bri even cooperated by sitting in her bumbo on the table for most of the meal and then sitting happily on my lap for the rest of it. All in all it was a low key mother's day, but enjoyable. Especially as Chris didn't have to work that night so took Bri while I went to bed and gave her a bottle for her first feed. 6 hours of straight sleep felt WONDERFUL!!!

No comments: